Surgical implants, medical and surgical instruments and power tools
Pharmac is undertaking national contracting for the supply of surgical implants and medical and surgical instruments purchased by Te Whatu Ora for use in hospitals or in the community across New Zealand.
Contracts will continue to be added to the list below as Pharmac consults on provisional agreements and completes the supplier negotiation process.
Consultation: No current consultations.
Included within the scope of surgical implants, medical and surgical instruments and power tools
- Reconstructive implants
- Breast implants
- Testicular implants
- Urological reconstruction
- Surgical stents – excluding interventional radiology or cardiology modalities
- Orthopaedic soft tissue implants
- Surgical mesh
- Ocular implants
- Intra Ocular Lenses
- Corneal implants
- Eye prosthesis
- Glaucoma drainage devices/aqueous shunts
- Aural implants
- Cochlea implants
- BAHA implants
- Aural ventilation tubes
- Implantable Neurostimulators
- Spinal cord stimulators
- Peripheral nerve stimulators
- Intracranial stimulators
- Incontinence implantables
Medical and surgical instruments and power tools
- Surgical microscopes
- Power tools
- Implant site preparation and tissue debridement devices including but not limited to:
- pulse lavage devices
- ultrasonic devices
- Body tissue harvesting devices including but not limited to:
- bone harvesting morselizers
- Prostate seeding instruments
- Medical examination instruments not already listed as the result of a previous Pharmac process
- Surgical instruments not already listed as the result of a previous Pharmac process
- Accessories, spare parts and consumables associated with surgical implants and/or instruments
- Surgical headlamps
- Surgical Tourniquets
List of contracted products
- Search the Schedule addendum for "surgical instruments".
- Search the Schedule spreadsheet for "surgical instruments".
Suppliers under Pharmac national contract
The contracts above are as a result of the RFP released in November 2021.
Staying in touch
If you have any questions or would like to be kept up to date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 660 050, or sign up to receive our regular newsletter update Device Advice.