Decision to list medical devices supplied by Audmet New Zealand Limited trading as Oticon Medical NZ
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices supplied by Audmet New Zealand Limited, trading as Oticon Medical NZ (“Oticon Medical”), in the following category:
In summary this will result in:
- Oticon Medical’s medical devices in the above category being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2023 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora hospitals may purchase under; and
- Te Whatu Ora hospitals being able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical devices from the above category as the agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
Minor changes to the product list have been made following consultation to add further accessories for aural implants.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora Hospital staff including but not limited to:
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Perioperative staff
- Sterile services personnel
- Surgical and general ward staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Procurement and supply chain
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2021 Pharmac released a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional agreement with Oticon Medical, Pharmac has decided to list Oticon Medical’s surgical implants in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2023.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to choose which surgical implants they purchase, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora hospitals that purchase medical devices in these categories must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 December 2023.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to review this proposal during the consultation period.
No feedback was received in relation to this proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.