Decision to list medical devices supplied by Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 March 2024 for the supply of medical devices supplied by Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited (“Fisher & Paykel”) in the following categories:
In summary this will result in:
- Fisher & Paykel’s non-invasive ventilation and consumables, and, medical and surgical instruments, and power tools, being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 March 2024 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora Hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu Ora Hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of the medical devices as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
Negotiations with Fisher & Paykel following consultation resulted in changes to pricing.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora Hospital staff including but not limited to:
- Ambulatory care staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Clinical staff in a range of inpatient, outpatient and community settings where non-invasive ventilation and consumables are used
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Perioperative staff
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Sterile services personnel
- Surgical and general ward staff
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
Both RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional agreements with Fisher & Paykel, Pharmac has decided to list Fisher & Paykel’s non-invasive ventilation, and medical and surgical instruments, and power tools in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 March 2024.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to choose which non-invasive ventilation, and medical and surgical instruments, and power tools they procure, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora hospitals that purchase medical devices in this category must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreements from 1 March 2024.
Our response to what you told us
We’re grateful for the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback, our responses to the feedback received, and changes we have made after listening to you are in the table below.
Several Te Whatu Ora Hospitals provided feedback to the consultation, which related to the commercial aspect of the agreement.
Pharmac has since engaged with Fisher & Paykel and Te Whatu Ora, to address the feedback provided.
The agreement has been updated to reflect the outcomes of such discussions.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.