Decision to list medical devices supplied by Integra Neurosciences Pty Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora Hospitals supplied by Integra Neurosciences Pty Limited (“Integra”) in the following category.
In summary this will result in:
- Listing surgical implants, and medical and surgical instruments and power tools supplied by Integra in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2023 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora Hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu Ora Hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of surgical implants, and medical and surgical instruments and power tools as this Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
There have been no changes to the agreement since consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora Hospital staff including but not limited to:
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Perioperative staff
- Sterile services personnel
- Surgical and general ward staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Procurement and supply chain
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2021 Pharmac released a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional agreement with Integra, Pharmac has decided to list Integra’s surgical implants, and medical and surgical instruments and power tools in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2023.
Te Whatu Ora Hospitals can continue to choose which surgical implants, medical and surgical instruments and power tools they procure, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora Hospitals that procure these medical devices from Integra must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 April 2023.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to review this consultation. No feedback was received in relation to this proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.