Decision to list medical devices supplied by Mölnlycke Health Care Pty Ltd
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora Hospitals supplied by Mölnlycke Health Care Pty Ltd (“Mölnlycke”) in the following category.
In summary this will result in:
- Listing medical and surgical instruments and power tools supplied by Mölnlycke in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2022 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora Hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu Ora Hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical and surgical instruments and power tools as this Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
There have been no changes to the agreement since consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora Hospital staff including but not limited to:
- Perioperative staff
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Surgical and general ward staff
- Ambulatory care staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Sterile services personnel
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2021 Pharmac released a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional agreement with Mölnlycke, Pharmac has decided to list Mölnlycke’s medical and surgical instruments and power tools in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2022.
Te Whatu Ora Hospitals can continue to choose which surgical implants, medical and surgical instruments and power tools they procure, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora Hospitals that procure these medical devices from Mölnlycke must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 October 2022.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to the consultations.
All consultation responses received by 18 August 2022 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list medical devices supplied by Mölnlycke.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.