Sterilisation and Decontamination Equipment and Associated Consumables (SDEAC)
Pharmac is undertaking national contracting for the supply of sterilisation and decontamination equipment and associated consumables (SDEAC) purchased by Te Whatu Ora for use in hospitals or in the community across New Zealand.
Contracts will continue to be added to the list below as Pharmac consults on provisional agreements and completes the supplier negotiation process.
Consultation: No current consultations.
Included within the scope of sterilisation and decontamination equipment and associated consumables
Decontamination and sanitation equipment
- Dirty utility sanitisers/macerators
- Medical device washers and disinfectors
- Low temperature sterilisers
- High temperature sterilisers
- UV light sterilisers
- Pre/post-sterilisation dryers
- Post-sterilisation storage cabinets
Trolleys for sterilisers/washers etc
- Containers for use in sterilisers/washers
- Tamper proof locks
Process tests/indicators, including but not limited to:
- Indicator tapes
- Air removal and steam penetration tests e.g. Bowie Dick
- Single parameter tests
- Multi-parameter tests
- Critical parameter/Cycle specific indicators
- Process challenge devices
- Artificial test soil products (when testing equipment such as cleaners/disinfectors and sterilisers)
- Sterilisation wrap
- Sterilisation pouches/rolls
- Multipurpose towels/tray liners used in association with clinical decontamination and sterilisation processes
List of contracted products
- Search the Schedule addendum for "sterilisation and decontamination".
- Search the Schedule spreadsheet for "sterilisation and decontamination".
Suppliers under Pharmac national contract
The contracts above are as a result of the RFP released in August 2021:
Pharmac has completed contracting in the separate category of sterilisation packaging products:
Staying in touch
If you have any questions or would like to be kept up to date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 660 050, or sign up to receive our regular newsletter update Device Advice.