Pharmac is currently undertaking national contracting for respiratory equipment and consumables purchased by DHBs for use in hospitals or in the community across New Zealand.
Contracts will continue to be added to the list below as Pharmac consults on provisional agreements and completes the supplier negotiation process.
Consultation: Proposal to list medical devices supplied by Cardinal Health Australia 503 Pty Ltd(external link) Closes: 21 October 2021
Included within the scope of respiratory products
- Oxygen delivery consumables and accessories, including flow meters.
- Aerosol delivery devices and associated consumables.
- Non-powered humidifiers (passive and bubble) and associated tubing and consumables.
- Laryngectomy and tracheostomy consumables.
- Spirometers and respiratory muscle trainers and associated consumables.
- Breathing filters.
- Powered and non-powered respiratory suction devices and associated consumables.
- Ventilator circuits and associated consumables and accessories.
List of contracted products
- Search the Schedule addendum for "Respiratory and Anaesthesia and Resuscitation".
- Search the Schedule spreadsheet for "Respiratory and Anaesthesia and Resuscitation".
Suppliers under Pharmac national contract
- Apex Medical NZ Limited
- Atos Medical Limited
- ConvaTec (New Zealand) Ltd
- Device Technologies New Zealand Limited
- Draeger New Zealand Limited
- EBOS Group Limited
- GETZ Healthcare Limited
- Halyard Australia Pty Limited
- Intermed Medical Limited
- ICU Medical Aust Pty Limited
- Jackson Allison Medical & Surgical Limited
- McLaren Medical Distributors Limited
- Medtronic New Zealand Limited
- MedXus Limited
- Obex Medical Limited
- REM SYSTEMS Limited
- Teleflex Medical New Zealand
- Universal Specialities Limited
- W M Bamford & Co Limited
The contracts above were as a result of the RFP released in April 2017.