Decision to list medical devices supplied by Cardinal Health Australia 503 Pty Ltd
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Cardinal Health Australia 503 Pty Ltd (“Cardinal”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- Cardinal’s medical devices, in the category above, being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2021 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of respiratory equipment and consumables as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Clinical and non-clinical DHB staff:
- Clinical/biomedical engineers
- Anaesthetists and anaesthetic technicians
- Clinical staff involved with airway management and emergency respiratory resuscitation
- Respiratory clinicians
- Respiratory therapists
- Pulmonary function specialists
- Pulmonary rehabilitation specialists
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
PHARMAC is working with a range of suppliers to seek provisional agreements in these categories, this proposal is the latest to arise from these processes.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Cardinal, Pharmac has decided to list Cardinal’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2021.
DHBs can continue to choose which respiratory equipment and consumables they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase medical devices in the category above, from Cardinal, must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 December 2021.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Cardinal on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 4:00pm Friday 19 February 2021 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list respiratory equipment and consumables supplied by McLaren Medical.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Supports the proposal and endorses that the agreement is not for sole supply. Noted their expectation that training would be provided for any new product that may be introduced.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.