Point of care testing (POCT)
Pharmac is undertaking national contracting for the supply of point of care testing equipment and associated consumables purchased by DHBs for use in hospitals or in the community across New Zealand.
Contracts will continue to be added to the list below as Pharmac consults on provisional agreements and completes the supplier negotiation process.
Consultation: Proposal to list medical devices supplied by New Zealand Medical and Scientific Limited(external link) Closes: 26 October 2021
Included within the scope of point of care testing equipment and associated consumables
- POCT APTT meters
- POCT blood glucose meters
- POCT blood ketone meters
- POCT haemoglobin meters
- POCT INR meters
- POCT lactate meters
- POCT transcutaneous bilirubin meters
- POCT blood gas analysers
- POCT D-Dimer analysers
- POCT haematology analysers
- POCT Hb1Ac analysers
- POCT multianalyte analysers
- POCT platelet function analysers
- POCT urinalysis analysers
- POCT viscoelastic coagulation analysers
- POCT equipment associated consumables
List of contracted products
- Search the Schedule addendum for "point of care testing equipment".
Suppliers under PHARMAC national contract
The contracts above are as a result of the ROI released in April 2021.