Decision to list medical devices supplied by Radiometer Pacific
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Radiometer Pacific (“Radiometer”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- A range of medical devices from Radiometer being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2022 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of the medical devices as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including but not limited to:
- Clinical Engineers and maintenance services
- Clinical Product Evaluators
- Laboratory staff
- Nursing assistants
- Point of Care Testing coordinators
- Point of Care Specialists
- Procurement Officers and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In coordination with Pharmac, NZ Health Partnerships (“NZHP”) has previously released Requests for Proposals (“RFP”) for ranges of medical devices which Pharmac may list on the Pharmaceutical Schedule. NZHP released an RFP for Point of Care Testing equipment and consumables in September 2018. As a result of this process NZHP entered into an agreement with Radiometer for the supply of Point of Care Testing equipment.
In 2021 Pharmac issued a Registration of Interest (“ROI”) for:
The ROI was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
As Radiometer had an agreement in place with NZHP for Point of Care Testing equipment, the agreement between Pharmac and Radiometer was based on that agreement. As there were no material changes to the terms and conditions that are currently in place, Pharmac decided that consultation on the provisional agreement was not required and Pharmac has decided to list these medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2022.
DHBs can continue to choose which Point of Care Testing equipment they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase these products from Radiometer must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Pharmac agreement from 1 May 2022.
The agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Radiometer on the appropriate use of its Point of Care Testing equipment, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.