Additional evidence for meningococcal ACWY vaccine recommendations by PTAC in 2019
1 November 2021
Dear [name and contact details withheld]
Request for information
Thank you for your request dated 10 September 2021 under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) for information relating to the recommendations made by the Pharmacology and Therapeutics Committee (PTAC) regarding funding for the meningococcal ACWY vaccine.
Further to my letter of 8 October 2021, please find our response to your request about the additional evidence referred to in paragraph 4.2 of the record of the PTAC meeting of 23 & 24 May 2019. [PDF, 787 KB]
Additional evidence referenced by PTAC at meeting of 23 & 24 May 2019
Section 4 of the PTAC meeting record refers to the Committee’s review of the record of the Immunisation Subcommittee meeting of 8 March 2019 [PDF, 219 KB]. Paragraph 4.2 of the PTAC meeting record states The Committee [PTAC] noted that the [Immunisation] Subcommittee considered additional evidence for meningococcal ACWY…
The additional evidence considered by the Immunisation Subcommittee at its meeting of 8 March 2019 is referenced in the discussion notes of the meeting record. For your ease of reference, I have included a list of the additional evidence considered for the meningococcal ACWY vaccine at the end of this letter, as referenced in the Immunisation Subcommittee meeting record.
I trust that this information answers your queries. We are making our information more freely available, so we now publish selected OIA responses (excluding personal details) on our website. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this.
Manager, Policy and Government Services
Additional evidence considered by the Immunisation Subcommittee at meeting of 8 March 2019
- Trotter et al. Lancet 2004;364:365-7: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15276396/(external link)
- Campbell et al. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2010;17:840-7: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2863391/(external link)
- Bijlsma Clin Infect Dis. 2014;59:1216-21: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25069869/(external link)
- Read et al. Lancet 2014;384:2123-31: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25145775/(external link)
- Cohn et al. Pediatrics 2017;139:e20162193: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28100689/(external link)
- Campbell et al. Emerg Infect Dis. 2017;23:1184-7: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28409739/(external link)
- Macedo et al. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2018;14:1131-7: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5989881/(external link)
- Nowlan 2018;IMAC website: https://www.immune.org.nz/antigen-literature-review-new-zealand-national-immunisation-schedule-2018-meningococcal(external link)