Proposal to list a range of wound care products supplied by Jackson Allison Medical & Surgical Limited
PHARMAC is seeking feedback on a proposal to list a range of wound care products supplied by Jackson Allison Medical & Surgical Limited (“Jackson Allison”) in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2014.
In summary, this proposal would result in:
- Around 100 wound care products which are already supplied to DHB Hospitals being supplied by Jackson Allison under a proposed national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under, subject to consultation and approval (“Agreement”). This Agreement is not a sole supply agreement, and DHBs may continue to purchase other suppliers brands of wound care products.
- Jackson Allison providing educational services that will be tailored to suit the needs of individual DHB Hospitals in format and time as required by DHB Hospitals.
- Estimated total savings to DHBs of approximately $14,000 per annum based on current usage. Pricing for wound care products in the Agreement, subject to any prior termination of the Agreement would not be increased before September 2017.
PHARMAC welcomes feedback on this proposal. To provide feedback, please submit it in writing by Wednesday, 6 August 2014 to:
PO Box 10254
All feedback received before the closing date will be considered by PHARMAC’s Board (or its delegate) prior to making a decision on this proposal.
Feedback we receive is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) and we will consider any request to have information withheld in accordance with our obligations under the OIA. Anyone providing feedback, whether on their own account or on behalf of an organisation, and whether in a personal or professional capacity, should be aware that the content of their feedback and their identity may need to be disclosed in response to an OIA request.
We are not able to treat any part of your feedback as confidential unless you specifically request that we do, and then only to the extent permissible under the OIA and other relevant laws and requirements. If you would like us to withhold any commercially sensitive, confidential proprietary, or personal information included in your submission, please clearly state this in your submission and identify the relevant sections of your submission that you would like withheld. PHARMAC will give due consideration to any such request
Details of the proposal
PHARMAC has entered into the Agreement for a range of wound care products in the dressings, bandages, casting and other categories of wound care. The exact product range and pricing in this proposal has not been included in this consultation for brevity, however we are making it available to Procurement Departments at DHBs. Brand ranges in the agreement include:
- Waterjel Range
- Vacutex Range
- Sutherland Tubular Bandage Range
- Sutherland Tubular Padding Range
- Sutherland Collarcare Sling Range
- Sutherland Dress Bags
- Dragon Gauze Swabs Range
If the Agreement is approved by PHARMAC’s Board or its delegate, Jackson Allison’s range of wound care products would be listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule, which contains products with national agreements that DHBs are able to purchase under.
The Agreement includes terms for education services to be provided by Jackson Allison to DHB personnel on appropriate use of its wound care products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Wound care products would be listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule. We propose that the wound care products would not be listed in the printed Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule, but rather in an Addendum to Part III of Section H available on our website in an Excel spreadsheet format, and a PDF document.
In August 2013 PHARMAC issued a registration of interest document, seeking proposals from suppliers for non-exclusive national agreements for wound care products. Following the closure of this request, we have been working with a number of suppliers in order to seek to reach an agreement with them. The Agreement is the eighth one of these and we aim to continue to consult on additional proposed agreements over the next couple of months, provided we can reach agreement with the suppliers.