Decision to list medical devices supplied by Cubro Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Cubro Limited (“Cubro”) for the supply of medical devices
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Cubro Limited (“Cubro”) for the supply of medical devices in the following categories:
- non-invasive ventilation equipment and associated products (“NIV products”); and
- rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports (“rehabilitation products”).
In summary this will result in:
- NIV products and rehabilitation products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of NIV products and rehabilitation products as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB clinical staff in a range of clinical settings including:
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Clinical staff in a range of inpatient, outpatient and community settings where NIV Products are used
- DHB procurement and supply chain
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Pulmonary rehabilitation specialists
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Respiratory and sleep clinic specialists and support personnel
- Speech-language therapists
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued requests for proposals (RFPs) for:
- supply of non-invasive ventilation equipment, oxygen concentrators, respiratory gas humidifiers and associated products; and
- Supply of rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports.
The RFPs requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting of the provisional Agreement reached with Cubro, PHARMAC has decided to list Cubro’s NIV products and rehabilitation products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which NIV products and rehabilitation products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase NIV products or rehabilitation products must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement from 1 December 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Cubro on the appropriate use of its NIV products and rehabilitation products, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 6 October 2020 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list NIV products and rehabilitation products supplied by Cubro.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource implications anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Feedback received from a DHB on additional products that would be useful to be included.
PHARMAC advised that the proposal does not limit who DHBs can purchase from and that alternative products can be sourced from other suppliers where they are not available from Cubro.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.