Decision to list medical devices supplied by McLaren Medical Distributors Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with McLaren Medical Distributors Limited (“McLaren Medical”) for the supply of medical devices in the respiratory equipment and consumables category.
In summary this will result in:
- Respiratory equipment and consumables being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2021 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of respiratory equipment and consumables as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Clinical and non-clinical DHB staff:
- Clinical/biomedical engineers
- Anaesthetists and anaesthetic technicians
- Clinical staff involved with airway management and emergency respiratory resuscitation
- Respiratory clinicians
- Respiratory therapists
- Pulmonary function specialists
- Pulmonary rehabilitation specialists
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting of the provisional Agreement reached with McLaren Medical, PHARMAC has decided to list McLaren Medical’s respiratory equipment and consumables being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2021.
DHBs can continue to choose which respiratory equipment and consumables they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase respiratory equipment and consumables from McLaren Medical must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement. from 1 April 2021.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by McLaren Medical on the appropriate use of its respiratory equipment and consumables, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 4:00pm Friday 19 February 2021 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list respiratory equipment and consumables supplied by McLaren Medical.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
Respondents supported the decision to list medical devices supplied by McLaren Medical Distributors.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.