PHARMAC has now completed national contracting for interventional cardiology products purchased by DHBs for use in hospitals or in the community across New Zealand.
Included within the scope of interventional cardiology
- Access devices
- Ancillary devices
- Atherectomy devices
- Balloon catheters
- Coronary imaging systems
- Embolic protection devices
- Guide wires
- Structural devices – valves
- Structural health occluders & associated devices
- Therapeutic infusion system
- Vascular closure device
List of contracted products
- Search the Schedule addendum for "interventional cardiology".
- Search the Schedule spreadsheet for "interventional cardiology".
Suppliers under national contract
- Abbott Laboratories New Zealand
- Bio-Excel (Australia)
- Biotronik Australia
- Boston Scientific New Zealand
- Edwards Lifesciences (NZ) Limited
- Getinge Australia Pty Limited
- Intermed Medical
- Medtronic New Zealand
- N Stenning & Co NZ Limited
- Obex Medical
- St Jude Medical
- Teleflex Medical New Zealand Limited
- Terumo Australia
In 2014 PHARMAC made a direct approach to the known suppliers in the New Zealand market. This approach was in the form of a request for a submission to PHARMAC for a listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
PHARMAC also ran a market share process for the supply of Drug Eluting Stents. A market share approach provides suppliers an assured portion of the market in return for competitive pricing for a fixed term. During this contract period (1 August 2019 until 30 June 2022), DHBs must only purchase the market share supplier’s products in certain sub-categories, with a small allowance for discretionary purchasing (i.e., discretionary variance or DV allowance).
Staying in touch
If you have any questions or would like to be kept up to date, please contact us at email@example.com, phone 0800 660 050, or sign up to receive our regular newsletter update Device Advice.