Pharmac FTE staff and resourcing spend for 2021/22
2 September 2022
Request for information: Pharmac FTE staff and resourcing spend for 2021/22
Thank you for your request dated 5 August 2022 under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) for information relating to Pharmac’s FTE staff and resourcing spend for financial year 2021/22. Further to my letter of 8 August 2022, I am pleased to now provide you with information in response to your questions below.
- How much did your organisation spend on advertising, public relations campaigns, and publications in total between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2022?
Pharmac spent $255,541 on advertising, public relations campaigns, and publications between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2022.
This included expenditure on the ‘You are a Priority’ campaign in late 2021 for two newly funded medicines for people with type two diabetes.
- How many FTE staff in total were employed by your organisation as at 30 June 2022?
Pharmac had 148.45 FTE staff as at 30 June 2022.
- What was the total staff headcount for your organisation as at 30 June 2022?
The total staff headcount was 154 employees plus five contractors.
- What percentage of FTE staff in your organisation were earning a salary of $100,000 or more as at 30 June 2022?
53 percent (%) of staff were earning a salary of $100,000 or more as at 30 June 2022.
- How many FTE staff were employed by your organisation for the COVID-19 Response as at 30 June 2022, if any, and how many of these roles are permanent?
As at 30 June 2022, five permanent staff and two fixed term staff (seven FTE staff total) were employed for the COVID-19 response.
For more information, please see our OIA response of 26 May 2022 about Pharmac FTE staff and resources.
- How many square meters of owned and leased office space did your organisation have as at 30 June 2022, and how did this compare to the previous five years?
|Year||Total space (sqm)|
Pharmac has one office in central Wellington, 40 Mercer Street. An additional floor was leased in February 2021.
7. What was the attrition rate/unplanned turnover rate for your organisation for the 12 months ending 30 June 2022?
The ‘attrition rate/unplanned turnover rate’ for Pharmac between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2022 was 22 percent (%).
We trust that this information answers your queries. We are making our information more freely available, so we now publish selected OIA responses (excluding personal details) on our website. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this.
 Pharmac's financial year runs from 1 July to 30 June.