Gross spend of originator biologics from 01 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 dispensed in the community
Thank you for your request dated 12 April 2022 under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) for information relating to gross funding for biologics. You requested:
Gross spending for the following original biologics (bio-originators) for last year:
- Etanercept (brand: Enbrel)
- Adalimumab (brand: Humira)
- Infliximab (brand: Remicade)
- Rituximab (brand: Mabthera)
- Tocilizumab (brand: Actemra/RoActemra and prepared by Baxter)
Please find information for your request within the table below.
Table: Gross spend of originator biologics from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 dispensed in the community
|Chemical name||Brand name||Gross spend|
*Unapproved medicine supplied under section 29 of the of the Medicines Act 1981 due to stock shortage caused by increased demand due to COVID-19.
- Gross spend includes covid expenditure during the period for these brands.
- Gross spend does not include unlisted pharmacodes.
- Gross spend refers to the cost of subsidised medicines and excludes GST, pharmacy mark-ups, dispensing fees and patient contributions. It also does not include any confidential rebates.
We trust that this information answers your queries. We are making our information more freely available, so we now publish selected OIA responses (excluding personal details) on our website. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this.