Proposal to list surgical gloves from EBOS Group Limited, Mölnlycke Health Care Limited and REM SYSTEMS Limited
PHARMAC is seeking feedback on a proposal to list in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule, ranges of surgical gloves supplied by EBOS Group Limited (“EBOS”), Mölnlycke Health Care Limited (“Mölnlycke”) and REM SYSTEMS Limited (“REM”) from 1 April 2017.
The proposal is subject to approval by the PHARMAC Board or its delegate following this consultation.
In summary, this proposal, subject to consultation and approval, would result in:
- A total of 228 surgical glove products being supplied under individual national agreements that all DHBs may purchase from, subject to consultation and approval.
- The products being available for DHBs to purchase at the PHARMAC negotiated prices from 1 April 2017.
- A total national DHB saving of approximately $439,000 per annum.
- EBOS, Mölnlycke and REM providing educational services on the efficient use and maintenance of their products as required by DHB Hospitals.
The products to be listed are currently available in the NZ market and purchased by DHB hospitals.
These PHARMAC Agreements would supersede any existing DHB contracts with EBOS, Mölnlycke and REM for the devices listed in Schedule One of the individual Agreements. A device purchased by a DHB that is listed in a PHARMAC Agreement would have to be purchased at the Price and Terms & Conditions stated in the Agreement, effective from the date of listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Medical devices not listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule may still be purchased by DHBs, and DHBs would be under no obligation to purchase devices from EBOS, Mölnlycke or REM.
PHARMAC is not seeking any further agreements for the supply of surgical gloves at this time.
PHARMAC welcomes feedback on this proposal. To provide feedback, please submit it in writing by Friday 10 March 2017 to:
Device Category Manager
PO Box 10254
All feedback received before the closing date will be considered by PHARMAC’s Board (or its delegate) prior to making decisions on these proposals.
Feedback we receive is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) and we will consider any request to have information withheld in accordance with our obligations under the OIA. Anyone providing feedback, whether on their own account or on behalf of an organisation, and whether in a personal or professional capacity, should be aware that the content of their feedback and their identity may need to be disclosed in response to an OIA request.
We are not able to treat any part of your feedback as confidential unless you specifically request that we do, and then only to the extent permissible under the OIA and other relevant laws and requirements. If you would like us to withhold any commercially sensitive, confidential proprietary, or personal information included in your submission, please clearly state this in your submission and identify the relevant sections of your submission that you would like it withheld. PHARMAC will give due consideration to any such request.
Details of the proposal
PHARMAC has entered into individual provisional agreements with EBOS, Mölnlycke and REM for their ranges of surgical gloves.
The exact product ranges and pricing in these proposals has not been included in this consultation for brevity, however we are making it available to appropriate DHB personnel.
Proposed Agreement with EBOS for listing Surgical Gloves
This proposal offers:
- national savings to DHBs of around $58,000 per annum, based on current usage;
- fixed pricing, subject to any prior termination of the Agreement, until 1 April 2020;
- a tiered pricing arrangement that could offer further savings to DHBs. The details of this tiered pricing arrangement and commitment levels would remain confidential. The details of this tiered pricing arrangement and commitment levels would remain confidential and would only be made available to the appropriate DHB personnel; and
- 80 products for listing in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
- Gammex Latex
- Gammex Latex Dermashield
- Gammex Latex Micro
- Gammex Latex Powdered
- Gammex Latex Underglove
- Gammex Non- Latex
- Gammex Non- Latex PI
- Gammex Non- Latex PI Micro
- Gammex Non- Latex PI Underglove
- Gammex Non- Latex Sensitive
Proposed Agreement with Mölnlycke for listing Surgical Gloves
This proposal offers:
- national savings to DHBs of around $316,000 per annum, based on current usage;
- fixed pricing, subject to any prior termination of the Agreement, until 1 April 2020; and
- 84 products for listing in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
- Biogel Eclipse
- Biogel Eclipse Indicator System
- Biogel Eclipse Indicator Underglove
- Biogel Indicator System
- Biogel Surgeons
- Biogel PI Indicator System
- Biogel PI Indicator Underglove
- Biogel PI Micro
- Biogel PI Micro Indicator System
- Biogel PI Micro Indicator Underglove
- Biogel PI UltraTouch
Proposed Agreement with REM for listing Surgical Gloves
This proposal offers:
- national savings to DHBs of around $65,000 per annum, based on current usage;
- fixed pricing, subject to any prior termination of the Agreement, until 1 April 2019; and
- 64 products for listing in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
- Protexis Latex
- Protexis Latex Classic
- Protexis Latex Micro
- Ultrafree MaxProtexis PI
- Protexis PI Blue with Neuthera
- Protexis PI Micro