Notification of approval of Agreement with Norgine Pty Limited regarding the terms of listing of Movicol (macrogol 3350) on the Pharmaceutical Schedule
PHARMAC is pleased to announce that PHARMAC’s Acting Chief Executive under delegated authority has approved an Agreement with Norgine Pty Ltd for the terms of listing of Movicol (macrogol 3350 with sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, and potassium chloride) in Sections B and H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
This means that:
- Movicol will be listed in Section B (fully subsidised) and in Part II of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2007 at $18.14 per 30 sachets (ex-manufacturer, excluding GST).
- Movicol will be listed in Section B of the Pharmaceutical Schedule subject to the following Special Authority criteria:
Initial application by any relevant practitioner. Approvals valid for 6 months where the patient has problematic constipation requiring intervention with a per rectal preparation despite an adequate trial of other oral pharmacotherapies, and
- Oral pharmacotherapies trialled include lactulose or
- lactulose is contraindicated.
Renewal from any relevant practitioner. Approvals valid for 12 months where the patient is compliant and is continuing to gain benefit from treatment.
- Movicol will be listed in Section B of the Pharmaceutical Schedule subject to the following prescription volume restriction:
No more than 60 sachets per prescription
- All subsidised units of Movicol dispensed in the community and purchased by District Health Board Hospitals will be subject to a confidential rebate.
If you have any queries about this listing please contact the PHARMAC helpline on 0800 66 00 50 (9am to 4pm weekdays).