Decision to list various medical devices supplied by REM Systems Ltd
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for medical devices with REM Systems Limited.
What we are doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for medical devices with REM Systems Limited (‘REM’).
In summary this will result in:
- 42 medical devices from REM in the surgical suction, chest and wound drainage category and obstetric and gynaecology category, being listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2019 under national agreements that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreements”);
- this supplier providing training and education services that will be tailored to suit the needs of individual DHBs in formats and at times as required by DHBs; and
- DHBs continuing to be able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical devices in the surgical suction, chest and wound drainage and obstetric and gynaecology categories.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the agreements as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB Staff:
- Theatre and perioperative staff
- Surgical, speciality units, gynaecology and general ward staff
- Delivery suite staff
- Procurement Officers
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued Requests for Proposals (“RFPs") for:
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with REM, PHARMAC has decided to list the medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2019. We anticipate consulting on further agreements in the coming months as a result of these RFPs.
DHBs that purchase these medical devices from REM must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreements, from 1 June 2019. DHBs can continue to choose which surgical suction, chest and wound drainage, and obstetric and gynaecology products they purchase.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
Feedback that no technical or resource impacts are expected as a result of the proposal.
Comment on the details of proposed pricing model from one DHB.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.