Decision to list single use instruments supplied by B. Braun New Zealand Pty Limited
We’re pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for single use instruments with B. Braun New Zealand Pty Limited.
In summary this will result in:
- Braun’s Single Use Instruments being listed in the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 August 2018 under a national listing agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (the “Agreement”).
- DHBs continuing to be able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of Single Use Instruments as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
- Savings of approximately $600 per annum across all DHBs, based on historical volumes.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No responses were received to this consultation and no changes have been made to the Agreement as a result.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB Staff:
- Clinical staff
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Sterile Services personnel
Detail about this decision
In 2016 PHARMAC issued a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for Single Use Instruments. The RFP requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on a provisional Agreement reached with Braun, PHARMAC has decided to list Braun’s Single Use Instruments, in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule, from 1 August 2018.
The Agreement includes Braun’s Aesculap branded medical devices for the following ranges:
- Needle holders
DHBs that purchase Braun’s Single Use Instruments must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices, included in the Agreements, from 1 August 2018.
DHBs can continue to choose which Single Use Instruments they purchase.
Educational services will be provided by the suppliers, on the appropriate use of their medical devices, at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
This Agreement is the latest to be approved in this category and further consultations in this category is expected over the next few months.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to consider this consultation. No responses were received on this consultation by the consultation closing date of 22 June 2018.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.