Decision to list respiratory care products supplied by MedXus Limited
We are pleased to announce a listing agreement with MedXus Limited for the supply of respiratory equipment and consumables.
In summary this will result in:
- MedXus’ respiratory equipment and consumables being listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2019 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”).
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the listing agreement as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB Staff:
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Clinical Engineers
- Anaesthetists and Anaesthetic Technicians
- Clinical staff involved with airway management and emergency respiratory resuscitation
- Respiratory Clinicians
- Respiratory therapists
- Pulmonary function specialists
- Pulmonary rehabilitation specialists
- Clinical staff working in surgical and medical units, emergency departments, intensive and critical care units, and outpatient units
- District nurses
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
In 2017 PHARMAC issued Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”) for respiratory equipment and consumables. The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with MedXus, PHARMAC has decided to list MedXus’ range of respiratory equipment and consumables in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
DHBs that purchase MedXus’ respiratory equipment and consumables must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreement, from 1 April 2019. DHBs can continue to choose which respiratory equipment and consumables they purchase.
PHARMAC expects to consult on further agreements with suppliers of respiratory equipment and consumables over the coming months.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to respond to this consultation. A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received, are set out below:
Ministry of Health
No technical or resource impacts are anticipated as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.