Decision to list medical devices supplied by Paragon Care Group New Zealand Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Paragon Care Group New Zealand Limited for listing medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2020.
We will list medical devices supplied by Paragon in the following categories:
- continence products;
- rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports (“Rehabilitation Products”);
- surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs; and
- urology products.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB clinical staff in a range of clinical settings including:
- Central sterile services personnel
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Clinical staff in a range of inpatient, outpatient and community settings where urology, and continence products are used
- DHB procurement and supply chain
- Infection control personnel
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Perioperative staff
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued Request for Proposals (“RFPs”) for:
- supply of urology, ostomy and continence products
- supply of rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports and
- supply of single-use sterile surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs
These RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional agreement reached with Paragon, PHARMAC has decided to list Paragons medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which continence products, rehabilitation products, surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs, and urology products that they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase medical devices in the categories above, from Paragon, must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 May 2020.
The agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Paragon on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.