Decision to list medical devices supplied by Intermed Medical Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Intermed Medical Limited for the supply of needles and syringes, and respiratory equipment and consumables.
In summary this will result in:
- Intermed’s needles and syringes and respiratory care products being listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2018 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”).
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the listing Agreement as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB Staff
- Clinical Engineers
- Anaesthetists and Anaesthetic Technicians
- Clinical staff involved with airway management and emergency respiratory resuscitation
- Respiratory clinicians
- Respiratory therapists
- Pulmonary function specialists
- Pulmonary rehabilitation specialists
- Clinical staff working in surgical and medical units, emergency departments, intensive and critical care units, and outpatient units
- District nurses
- Procurement Officers
Detail about this decision
In 2017 PHARMAC issued Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”) for:
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Intermed, PHARMAC has decided to list Intermed’s range of needles and syringes and respiratory care products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
DHBs that purchase Intermed’s needles and syringes and respiratory care products must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreement, from 1 November 2018. DHBs can continue to choose which needles and syringes and respiratory care products they purchase.
PHARMAC expects to consult on further agreements with suppliers of needles and syringes and respiratory care products over the next few months.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to consider this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
Advising no technical resource impacts anticipated as a result of proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.