Decision to list medical devices supplied by ConvaTec New Zealand Ltd
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with ConvaTec New Zealand Ltd for the supply of surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs.
In summary this will result in:
- ConvaTec’s medical devices, in the categories above, being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of surgical drapes and gowns and continence products as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 20 February 2020
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB clinical staff in a range of clinical settings including:
- central sterile services personnel
- general wards
- infection control
- inpatient, outpatient and community settings
- DHB procurement and supply chain personnel
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for the supply of single-use sterile surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs
This RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
PHARMAC is working with a range of suppliers to seek provisional agreements in these categories, this proposal is the latest to arise from these processes.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with ConvaTec, PHARMAC has decided to list ConvaTec’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2020.
The list of products will be available on PHARMAC's website from 1 May 2020, in both a PDF document and an Excel spreadsheet
DHBs can continue to choose which surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase Surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs from ConvaTec, must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 May 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by ConvaTec on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
There was no feedback received during the consultation period.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.