Decision to list medical devices supplied by 3M New Zealand Limited and Protec Solutions Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of non-exclusive listing agreements with 3M New Zealand Limited and Protec Solutions Limited for the supply of continence and urology products to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of non-exclusive listing agreements with 3M New Zealand Limited (“3M”) and Protec Solutions Limited (“Protec”) for the supply of continence and urology products to DHBs.
In summary, this will result in:
- 3M’s continence products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2019; and
- Protec’s urology products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2019.
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of continence and urology products as the agreements are not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposals?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 15 April 2019.
No changes have been made to the agreement as a result of the consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB Staff
- clinical staff in a range of inpatient, outpatient and community settings where continence products are used
- procurement and supply chain personnel
Detail about this decision
In May 2018, PHARMAC issued a request for proposals (“RFP”) for the supply of urology, ostomy and continence products to DHBs.
The RFP requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After evaluating 3M and Protec’s proposals, and consulting on the provisional agreements reached with them, PHARMAC has decided to list 3M’s range of continence products, and Protec’s range of urology products, in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2019.
The brands included in the agreements are:
- Cavilon supplied by 3M; and
- PS Medical supplied by Protec.
These agreements are the latest to arise from the urology, ostomy and continence RFP.
The list of products will be available on PHARMAC’s website from 1 July 2019, in both a PDF document and an Excel spreadsheet.
DHBs can continue to choose which continence and urology products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase 3M or Protec products listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule, must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices, included in the agreements from 1 July 2019.
PHARMAC expects to reach agreements with a number of other suppliers over the coming months for the supply of urology, ostomy and continence products to DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to consider this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 9 May 2019 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to approve each agreement.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below: