Decision to list medical devices in the endomechanical and electrosurgical category supplied by Hallmark Surgical Limited
We’re pleased to announce the approval of an amendment to the listing agreement for medical devices with Hallmark Surgical Limited to include products in the endomechanical and electrosurgical category of medical devices.
In summary this will result in:
- Medical devices, from the suppliers and in the categories listed above, being listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2019 under national agreements that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreements”); and
- DHBs continuing to be able to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical devices in the endomechanical and electrosurgical medical devices, patient warming and cooling and respiratory care products categories.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the agreements as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB Staff:
- Clinical/Biomedical Engineers
- Perioperative staff
- Sterile services staff
- Outpatient procedure clinic staff
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
In April 2018, PHARMAC issued a Requests for Proposals (“RFP”) for endomechanical and electrosurgical medical devices (“Endomechanical and Electrosurgical Products”).
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes and consulting on the proposed amendment to the Agreement with Hallmark to include their range of Endomechanical and Electrosurgical Products, PHARMAC has decided to list the medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2019.
DHBs that purchase medical devices in these categories from the suppliers listed above must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreement, from 1 April 2019. DHBs can continue to choose which endomechanical and electrosurgical products they purchase.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by the suppliers on the appropriate use and maintenance of their products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
Feedback that no technical or resource impacts are expected as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.