Decision to list interventional radiology products supplied by Endologix New Zealand Co and Device Technologies New Zealand Limited
What we are doing
We’re pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for Interventional Radiology products with Endologix New Zealand Co (Endologix) and Device Technologies New Zealand Limited (“Device Technologies”).
In summary this will result in:
- 123 Interventional Radiology products from Endologix being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 August 2018.
- 22 Interventional Radiology products from Device Technologies being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 August 2018.
- National savings estimated at $15,000 per annum on the purchase of Endologix’s Interventional Radiology products, assuming no change to current usage levels or product mix.
- No additional expenditure on the purchase of Device Technologies’ Interventional Radiology products, assuming no change to current usage levels or product mix.
This Agreement would supersede any existing DHB contracts with this supplier for the devices listed in Schedule One of the Agreement.
The list of Endologix and Device Technologies Interventional Radiology products will be available on PHARMAC's website from 1 August 2018, in both a PDF document and an Excel spreadsheet.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to consultation with a letter dated 6 June 2018.
No changes were made to the listing agreement as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB Staff:
- Interventional radiology clinical staff
- Procurement officers
Detail about this decision
In September 2017 PHARMAC issued a request for proposals (“RFP”) for Interventional Radiology products. The RFP requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation, and consulting on the provisional agreements reached with Endologix and Device Technologies, PHARMAC has decided to list both Endologix’s and Device Technologies’ ranges of Interventional Radiology Products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 August 2018.
DHBs that purchase Endologix’s or Device Technologies’ Interventional Radiology Products must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices, included in the Agreements, from 1 August 2018.
DHBs can continue to choose which Interventional Radiology Products they purchase.
Endologix’s and Device Technologies’ products are the most recent Interventional Radiology products that PHARMAC has decided to list on the Pharmaceutical Schedule. Further consultations in this category are expected over the next few months.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
Advising that no technical or resource impacts are anticipated as a result of Endologix’s and Device Technologies’ proposals.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.