Decision to list medical devices supplied by Paragon Care Group New Zealand Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora Hospitals supplied by Paragon Care Group New Zealand Limited (“Paragon”) in the following category.
In summary this will result in:
- Listing surgical implants, and medical and surgical instruments and power tools supplied by Paragon in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2023 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora Hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu Ora Hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of surgical implants, and medical and surgical instruments and power tools as this Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
There have been no changes to the agreement since consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora Hospital staff including but not limited to:
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Perioperative staff
- Sterile services personnel
- Surgical and general ward staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Procurement and supply chain
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2021 Pharmac released a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional agreement with Paragon, Pharmac has decided to list Paragon’s surgical implants, and medical and surgical instruments and power tools in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2023.
Te Whatu Ora Hospitals can continue to choose which surgical implants, medical and surgical instruments and power tools they procure, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora Hospitals that procure these medical devices from Paragon must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 June 2023.
Our response to what you told us
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback, our responses to the feedback received, and changes we made after listening to you are detailed below.
The ability to conduct maintenance and access technical manuals for particular medical devices is strongly valued by Te Whatu Ora.
Pharmac works with suppliers and Te Whatu Ora to ensure maintenance terms are practical for all parties.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.