Decision to list medical devices supplied by Immunz Limited
Te Pātaka Whaioranga - Pharmac is pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Immunz Limited (“Immunz”) for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals in the following category from 1 June 2023:
- Laboratory equipment and consumables ("laboratory equipment")
In summary this will result in:
- Listing of laboratory equipment supplied by Immunz on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2023 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora Hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu Ora Hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of laboratory equipment as this agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 17 May 2022.
Following consultation Pharmac re-engaged with Immunz to incorporate feedback received from key stakeholders. Changes include:
- Changes to terms covering procurement and provision of laboratory devices and ancillary services; and
- Changes to the proposed listings to reflect changes to Immunz laboratory devices portfolio since consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora staff in a range of different clinical settings including but not limited to:
- Laboratory staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In September 2018, Pharmac issued a Request for Proposal (“RFP”) for the supply of laboratory equipment and consumables for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
The tender was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Pharmac has been working with suppliers who responded to the procurement processes above to seek provisional agreements and this is the latest agreement to arise from these processes. We expect to consult on further provisional agreements with suppliers in this category in the future.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to choose which laboratory equipment products they procure, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora hospitals that procure these medical devices from Immunz will do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 June 2023.
The list of products will be available on Pharmac’s website from 1 June 2023, in both PDF and Excel spreadsheet formats.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to review the consultation on this proposal.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback, our responses to the feedback received, and changes we have made after listening to you are detailed below.
Continuation of current procurement practices for the laboratory equipment category is strongly valued by Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
Pharmac has negotiated the agreement to enable current procurement practices to continue as much as practicable.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.