Decision to list medical devices supplied by Paragon Care Group New Zealand Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Paragon Care Group New Zealand Limited (“Paragon”) for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals in the following categories:
- Electrophysiology equipment and accessories ("cardiology equipment"); and
- Medical imaging, software and associated products ("medical imaging").
In summary this will result in:
- Listing of medical devices in the above categories supplied by Paragon in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2022 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu Ora hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of electrophysiology equipment and consumables and medical imaging, software and associated products as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
There are no changes to the original proposal as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora staff in a range of different clinical settings including but not limited to:
- Cardiac physiologists and perfusionists
- Maternity care specialists
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
The tenders were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Pharmac has been working with suppliers who responded to the procurement processes to seek provisional agreements. This proposal consists of the latest agreement to arise from these processes and we expect to consult on further provisional agreements with suppliers in these categories in the future.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to choose which electrocardiogram equipment and accessories and medical imaging, software and associated products they procure, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora hospitals that procure these medical devices from Paragon they do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 December 2022.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to review the consultation on this proposal. No significant consultation feedback was raised between the consultation release date and 20 October 2022.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.