Decision to list medical devices supplied by MoveMe Health Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with MoveMe Health Limited (“MoveMe”) in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2022 for the supply of:
- rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports (“rehabilitation products”).
In summary this will result in:
- MoveMe’s rehabilitation products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2022 under a national agreement that all DHB hospitals may purchase under; and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of rehabilitation products as the agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 12 April 2022.
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including but not limited to:
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- DHB procurement and supply chain
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 Pharmac issued a Requests for Proposals (“RFP”) for:
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional agreement with MoveMe, Pharmac has decided to list MoveMe’s rehabilitation products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2022.
DHBs can continue to choose which rehabilitation products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase rehabilitation products from MoveMe must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 July 2022.
The agreement does not include services for fitting or customising orthotics as this is not within the scope of Pharmac’s medical device remit. If DHBs were requiring these additional services from MoveMe they would need to use their current agreements or enter into separate arrangements.
The list of products will be available on Pharmac’s website from 1 July 2022, in both PDF and Excel spreadsheet formats.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by the closing date were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list MoveMe's rehabilitation products.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
Support for this listing proposal as it is not for sole supply.
Request for Pharmac to consider the impact of climate change and waste minimisation in the Factors for Consideration.
Pharmac is in the process of exploring how sustainability considerations can be fairly and reasonably embedded into medical devices processes.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.