Decision to list infusion devices supplied by BTC Speciality Health Pty Ltd
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with BTC Speciality Health Pty Limited (“BTC Health”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- infusion equipment and associated devices from BTC Health being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2021 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of infusion equipment and associated devices as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the proposal following consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including but not limited to:
- Procurement officers and supply chain personnel
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Perioperative care staff
- Nurses (both inpatient and community based)
- Infection control
- General medical ward staff
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 Pharmac issued a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for:
- supply of infusion devices (including non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices and infusion equipment and associated devices)
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Pharmac has been working with suppliers who responded to the RFP to seek provisional agreements and this is the latest proposal to be contracted as a result of this process.
DHBs can continue to choose which infusion equipment and associated devices they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase these products from BTC Health must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Pharmac Agreement from 1 November 2021.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 4pm on Thursday 30 September 2021 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list BTC Health’s infusion equipment and associated devices.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
Support for listing of the medical devices and that the Agreement is not for sole supply.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.