Decision to list rehabilitation products supplied by Arjo New Zealand Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Arjo New Zealand Limited (“Arjo”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- Arjo’s rehabilitation products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2021 under a national agreement that all DHB hospitals may purchase under; and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of rehabilitation products as the agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB staff
- Clinical engineers, maintenance services and facilities staff
- DHB procurement and supply chain staff
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional agreement with Arjo, Pharmac has decided to list Arjo’s rehabilitation products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2021.
DHBs can continue to choose which rehabilitation products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase rehabilitation products from Arjo must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the agreement from 1 October 2021.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by the closing date was considered in their entirety in making the decision to list rehabilitation products.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Support for listing the medical devices and that the agreement is not for sole supply.
Request to ensure that Pharmac agreements include terms for suppliers to provide maintenance manuals, supporting tools, training, regulatory information and details of any medical device that has embedded software or connects to a network.
To the extent applicable to the medical devices included in the agreement, this information is included.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.