Decision to list infusion devices, feeding devices, and urology products supplied by multiple suppliers
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreements with:
- Baxter Healthcare Limited (“Baxter”)
- Ecomed Trading Pty Limited (“Ecomed”)
- Obex Medical Limited (“Obex”)
In summary this will result in:
- Listing non-dedicated & consumable infusion devices supplied by Baxter, Ecomed, and Obex in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 August 2021.
- Listing infusion equipment and associated devices supplied by Baxter in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 August 2021.
- Listing non-dedicated feeding devices supplied by Obex in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 August 2021.
- Listing urology products supplied by Obex in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 August 2021.
Any changes to the original proposals?
This decision was subject to consultation letters:
Changes were made to the Baxter proposal to correct prices and product codes in the proposed product list and to remove two products from the listing. Full details of these changes have been provided to DHB Procurement Managers. No other changes were made as a result of the consultations.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including but not limited to:
- Procurement officers and supply chain personnel
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Perioperative care staff
- Nurses (both inpatient and community based)
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 Pharmac issued Request for Proposals (“RFPs”) for:
- supply of infusion devices (including non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices and infusion equipment and associated devices)
- supply of feeding devices and/or special foods delivered enterally or orally; and
- supply of urology, ostomy and continence products.
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Pharmac has been working with suppliers who responded to the RFPs to seek provisional agreements.
This is the final proposal to be contracted as a result of the urology, ostomy, and continence products RFP. We are continuing to negotiate contracts with other suppliers of infusion and feeding devices.
DHBs can continue to choose which infusion devices, feeding devices, and urology products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase these products from Baxter, Ecomed or Obex must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the PHARMAC Agreements from 1 August 2021.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by the closing dates were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list medical devices supplied by Baxter, Ecomed, and Obex.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Support for listing the medical devices and that the agreements are not for sole supply.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.