Decision to list medical devices supplied by DJO Global Pty Ltd
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports (“rehabilitation products”) with DJO Global Pty Ltd (“DJO Global”).
In summary this will result in:
- rehabilitation products from DJO Global being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2021 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of rehabilitation products as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made after the release of this consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB staff
- Clinical engineers, maintenance services and facilities staff
- DHB procurement and supply chain staff
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with DJO Global, PHARMAC has decided to list DJO Global’s Rehabilitation Products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 June 2021.
DHBs can continue to choose which rehabilitation products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase rehabilitation products from DJO Global must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement from 1 June 2021.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by DJO Global on the appropriate use of its rehabilitation products, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 11 March 2021 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list medical devices supplied by DJO Global Pty Ltd.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Supportive of listing these brands and supportive that this contract allows other brands to also be purchased.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.