Decision to list a range of medical devices supplied by Cubro Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Cubro Limited (“Cubro”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- Cubro’s beds and mattresses, and Cubro’s (trading under Opritech (NZ) Limited) operating tables and accessories being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2021 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of beds and mattresses, and operating tables and accessories as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB staff
- Clinical engineers, maintenance services and facilities staff
- Clinical staff across all areas of hospitals
- Clinical support staff
- DHB Procurement and supply chain
Details about this decision
In coordination with PHARMAC, NZ Health Partnerships (“NZHP”) has previously released Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”) for ranges of medical devices which PHARMAC may list on the Pharmaceutical Schedule. NZHP released an RFP for beds and mattresses in December 2018 and as a result of this process Cubro and NZHP entered an agreement. NZHP also released an RFP for operating tables in August 2019 and as a result of that process Opritech (NZ) Limited and NZHP entered an agreement. Opritech has subsequently come under the ownership of Cubro.
As Cubro had an agreement in place with NZHP for beds and mattresses, and Cubro now own the Opritech range who had an agreement in place with NZHP for operating tables, the Agreement between Cubro and PHARMAC was based on those agreements. As there were no material changes made to the terms and conditions that are currently in place PHARMAC decided that consultation on the provisional Agreement was not required, and PHARMAC has decided to list beds and mattresses, and operating tables and accessories in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2021.
DHBs can continue to choose which beds and mattresses, and operating tables and accessories they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase these products from Cubro must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the PHARMAC Agreement from 1 May 2021.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Cubro on the appropriate use of its beds and mattresses, and operating tables and accessories, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.