Nutricia: supply issue – multiple products
There is a supply issue affecting a number of Nutricia food products.
13 May 2022
Stock levels updated and Nutricia stock update PDF updated
- Fortini (1.5 kcal/ml paediatric oral feed)
- Nutrison Advanced Peptisorb (semi-elemental enteral feed 1kcal/ml)
- Renilon 7.5
- Fortisip (oral feed 1.5 kcal/ml)
- Fortisip Multi Fibre (oral feed with fibre 1.5 kcal/ml)
- Nutrini (paediatric enteral feed) 1 kcal/ml
- Nutrison Advanced Diason
Due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 on global supply chains Nutricia has advised there will be issues with some special foods products throughout the first half of 2022.
Nutricia continue to closely monitor stock and continue to air freight stock to cover any supply gaps.
Please continue to order stock without stockpiling to ensure equitable access for all New Zealanders while buffer stocks are built up over the coming months.
Information for prescribers
Please do not make prescriptions brand and/or flavour specific. This will allow flexibility for pharmacists when dispensing.
If you need advice about alternative products available from Nutricia, please contact your Nutricia Representative.
Products with supply issues
Click the title to see information about the alternative for the affected product.
To support this supply issue we have listed the following product in the HML temporarily.
- Nutricia NZ Stock Update 12 May 2022 [PDF 189 KB]
We acknowledge the impact this disruption has on people. Thanks to all those across the healthcare sector who are supporting this work. We appreciate the work everyone is doing to minimise the impact of this disruption.
We will continue to update people as the situation evolves.
Who to contact
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this supply issue, contact the Nutricia Careline team:
If you have questions about the Nestlé product, email email@example.com
If you have questions about Abbott products, Abbott Customer Service on 0800 737 115
If you have any funding questions about these products, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Products with resolved supply issues
The following products have no current supply issue.
- Aptamil AllerPro SYNEO 1 & 2 | 2492997, 2577410
- Calogen | 2253941 (strawberry, 200 ml)
- Diasip – Pharmacode: 2224429, 2224437
- Duocal Super Soluble Powder | pharmacode: 727113
- Easiphen Forest Berries (Aminoacid formula without phenylalanine) | Pharmacode: 2450828
- Fortijuice – example brand on HML
- Fortisip | Vanilla (2220822), Strawberry (2220849), Chocolate (2220830), Banana (2220857)
- Fortisip Multi Fibre range | Chocolate (2224399), Vanilla (2224410), Strawberry (2224402)
- Heparon Junior | Pharmacode: 2615568
- Kindergen (Enteral/oral feed 1kcal/ml) | Pharmacode 2601427
- Liquigen (Fat supplement) | Pharmacode 2441241
- Monogen (84% MCT, fat modified feed) | Pharmacode 2601443
- Neocate Gold | Pharmacode: 2400464
- Neocate SYNEO | Pharmacode: 2400464
- Nutrini RTH (500 ml) | Pharmacode 2016168
- Nutrini peptisorb (Enteral liquid peptide formula) | Pharmacode 2594889
- Nutrini Peptisorb Energy | Pharmacode: 2594897
- Nutrison Advanced Diason (Low-GI enteral feed 1 kcal/ml) | Pharmacode 2633000
- Nutrison Energy | Pharmacode 413763
- Nutrison Multi Fibre (enteral feed 1 kcal/ml) | Pharmacode: 469556
- Nutrison Protein Intense (High protein enteral feed 1.26kcal/ml) | Pharmacode 2572990
- Nutrison Protein Plus MF (High protein enteral feed 1.28kcal/ml) – Hospital only example brand
- Nutrison Standard RTH (enteral feed 1kcal/ml) | Pharmacode 414018
- Paediatric Seravit (Multivitamins) | Pharmacode 2601435
- PKU lophlex powder | 2 extra flavours listed | Pharmacodes 2593882 (berry) and 2593890 (orange)
- Polycal (Carbohydrate supplement) | pharmacode 408050
- Renilon (apricot and caramel) | Pharmacodes: 2439379, 2439387
- TYR Anamix Junior (powder) – Hospital only