Decision to list rehabilitation products supplied by Abecca Healthcare Limited and Howard Wright Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports with Abecca Healthcare Limited and Howard Wright Limited.
In summary this will result in:
- Rehabilitation products from Abecca and Howard Wright being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2020 under national agreements that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreements”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of rehabilitation equipment as the Agreements are not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
There have been no changes made to the original proposal.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- DHB procurement and supply chain
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
Detail about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Abecca and Howard Wright, PHARMAC has decided to list Abecca and Howard Wright’s Rehabilitation Products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which rehabilitation products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase rehabilitation products from Abecca and Howard Wright must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreements from 1 July 2020.
The Agreements includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by the suppliers on the appropriate use of its Rehabilitation Products, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 21 May 2020 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list rehabilitation products.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.