Decision to list rehabilitation products and non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements with At Therapy Limited, Lohmann & Rauscher Limited, Medix 21 Limited and Morton & Perry Limited.
What we are doing
In summary this will result in:
- Rehabilitation products from At Therapy, Lohmann & Rauscher, Medix 21 and Morton & Perry and non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices from Lohmann & Rauscher being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreements”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of rehabilitation products and non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices as the Agreements are not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to three consultation letters:
- At Therapy and Morton and Perry, dated 17 June 2020;
- Medix 21, dated 02 July 2020; and
- Lohmann & Rauscher, dated 8 July 2020.
Since the consultation was released, it was identified that some of At Therapy’s products were out of scope, and others had been discontinued or had obsolete product codes. These have now been updated. No changes have been made to the other proposals as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB staff
- Ambulatory care
- Perioperative care
- Surgical and General Medical care
- Intensive care
- Allied Health staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- DHB procurement and supply chain
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Infection control
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
Detail about this decision
- In June 2018 PHARMAC issued a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for the supply of products used in the infusion of fluids into the body.
- In October 2018 PHARMAC issued a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for the supply of rehabilitation products.
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with At Therapy, Lohmann & Rauscher, Medix 21 and Morton & Perry, PHARMAC has decided to list each suppliers’ rehabilitation products and Lohmann & Rauscher’s non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2020.
The full list of products will be available on PHARMAC's website from 1 September 2020, in both a PDF document and an Excel spreadsheet.
DHBs can continue to choose which rehabilitation products and non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices they purchase, including those from other suppliers.
DHBs that purchase rehabilitation products from At Therapy, Lohmann & Rauscher, Medix 21 and Morton & Perry, and non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices from Lohmann & Rauscher must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreements from 1 September 2020.
The Agreements include terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by the suppliers on the appropriate use of its rehabilitation products and non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list rehabilitation products and non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
The proposal to list the rehabilitation products and infusion devices under the all the proposed suppliers and brands is supported.
The provision of appropriate training and information by the suppliers to the DHBs staff members is also supported.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.