Decision to list patient warming and cooling medical devices supplied by Draeger New Zealand Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Draeger New Zealand Limited for the supply of patient warming and cooling products to DHBs.
What we are doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Draeger New Zealand Limited (“Draeger”) for the supply of patient warming and cooling products to DHBs.
In summary this will result in:
- Draeger’s patient warming and cooling products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2019 under a national agreement (the “Agreement”), that all DHBs may purchase under and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of patient warming and cooling products as the agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 29 April 2019.
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB clinical and technical staff, including but not limited to:
- Anaesthetists and Anaesthetic Technicians
- Clinical engineers
- ICU Clinicians
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
Detail about this decision
In July 2018 PHARMAC issued a Requests for Proposal (“RFP") for the supply of patient warming and cooling products to DHBs.
After completing the RFP evaluation process and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Draeger, PHARMAC has decided to list the patient warming and cooling products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 July 2019.
The list of products will be available on PHARMAC's website from 1 June 2019, in both a PDF document and an Excel spreadsheet.
DHBs can continue to choose which patient warming and cooling products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase patient warming and cooling products from Draeger must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 July 2019.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Draeger on the appropriate use and maintenance of its product, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to review this consultation. No feedback was received in response to the consultation.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.