Decision to list medical devices supplied by Obex Medical Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of the amendment to the non-exclusive listing agreement with Obex Medical Limited for the supply of obstetrics and gynaecology, and surgical suction, chest and wound drainage medical devices.
In summary this will result in:
- 422 of Obex’s products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”);
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of obstetrics and gynaecology, and surgical suction, chest and wound drainage medical devices.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the agreement following consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB clinical staff in a range of clinical settings including:
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Clinical/Biomedical Engineers
- Central sterile services personnel
- Theatre and perioperative staff
- Surgical, speciality units, gynaecology and general ward staff
- Delivery suite staff
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued requests for proposals (RFPs) for:
- Supply of obstetric and gynaecology devices and related products and
- Supply of surgical suction, check and wound drainage products
The RFPs requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional agreement reached with Obex, PHARMAC has decided to list Obex’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which obstetrics and gynaecology, and surgical suction, chest and wound drainage products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase obstetrics and gynaecology, and surgical suction, chest and wound drainage products from Obex must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 September 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Obex on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts are expected
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.