Decision to list medical devices supplied by Mӧlnlycke Health Care Pty Ltd
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Mӧlnlycke Health Care Pty Ltd for the supply of rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports; and surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs.
We will list medical devices in the following categories:
- Rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports; and
- Surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs.
In summary this will result in:
- Mӧlnlycke’s medical devices, in the categories above, being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of Rehabilitation Products and Surgical Drapes, Gowns and Procedure Packs as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB clinical staff in a range of clinical settings including:
- central sterile services personnel
- general wards
- infection control
- inpatient, outpatient and community settings
- occupational health and safety
- orthotics and podiatry
- rehabilitation units
- speech language therapy
- DHB procurement and supply chain personnel
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued Request for Proposals (“RFPs”) for the:
- supply of rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports and
- supply of single-use sterile surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs
These RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
PHARMAC is working with a range of suppliers to seek provisional agreements in these categories, this proposal is the latest to arise from these processes.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Mӧlnlycke, PHARMAC has decided to list Mӧlnlycke’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which Rehabilitation Products and Surgical Drapes, Gowns and Procedure Packs they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase medical devices in the categories above, from Mӧlnlycke, must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 April 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Mӧlnlycke on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.