Decision to list medical devices supplied by Jackson Allison Medical & Surgical Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of the amendment to the non-exclusive listing amendment with Jackson Allison Medical & Surgical Limited for the supply of obstetrics and gynaecology products, and rehabilitation equipment.
In summary this will result in:
- 91 of Jackson Allison’s products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of obstetrics and gynaecology products, and rehabilitation equipment.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the agreement following consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB clinical staff in a range of clinical settings including:
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- DHB procurement and supply chain
- Perioperative staff
- Theatre staff
- Surgical, gynaecology and general ward staff
- Central sterile services personnel
- Delivery suite staff
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued requests for proposals (RFPs) for:
- Supply of obstetric and gynaecology devices and related products; and
- Supply of rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports.
The RFPs requested proposals for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional agreement reached with Jackson Allison, PHARMAC has decided to list Jackson Allison’s medical devices, in the categories listed above, in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which obstetrics and gynaecology, and Rehabilitation Products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase obstetrics and gynaecology, and Rehabilitation Products from Jackson Allison must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 November 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Jackson Allison on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts are expected
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.