Decision to list medical devices supplied by Hologic (Australia & New Zealand) Pty Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Hologic (Australia & New Zealand) Pty Limited for the supply of obstetrics and gynaecology products to DHBs.
In summary this will result in:
- Hologic’s products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 March 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of obstetrics and gynaecology products.
Any changes to the original proposal?
There were no changes to the agreement following consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff:
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Clinical/Biomedical Engineers
- Sterile services staff
- Outpatient clinic staff
- Theatre and perioperative staff
- Surgical, speciality units, gynaecology and general ward staff
- Delivery suite staff
- Procurement Officers
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
Detail about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Hologic, PHARMAC has decided to list Hologic’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 March 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which obstetrics and gynaecology products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase obstetrics and gynaecology products from Hologic must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 March 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Hologic on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback received are set out below:
Feedback that no technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50