Decision to list medical devices supplied by BSN Medical Limited and Defries Industries New Zealand Limited
PHARMAC are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements in the surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs category with BSN Medical Limited (“BSN”) and Defries Industries New Zealand Limited ("Defries").
In summary this will result in:
- BSN and Defries' medical devices, in the categories above, being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2020 under national agreements that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs as the Agreements are not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposals?
These decisions were subject to consultation letters as below, and no changes were made to the original proposals as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB clinical and technical staff, including but not limited to:
- General wards
- Inpatient, out patient and community settings
- Infection control
- Central sterile services personnel
DHB procurement and supply chain personnel
Other clinical care providers such as ambulance and hospice providers
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with BSN and Defries, PHARMAC has decided to list these suppliers' medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase medical devices in the categories above from these suppliers must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreements, from 1 October 2020.
The Agreements include terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by BSN and Defries on the appropriate use and maintenance of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
No feedback was received by the closing dates for either of these consultations.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.