Decision to list a range of feeding devices supplied by Avanos Medical Australia Pty Limited and New Zealand Medical and Scientific Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements with Avanos Medical Australia Pty Limited (“Avanos”) and New Zealand Medical & Scientific Limited (“NZMS”) for the supply of feeding equipment and non-dedicated feeding devices.
What we are doing
In summary this will result in:
- Feeding devices from Avanos and NZMS being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of feeding devices as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to the following consultation letters:
No changes have been made to the proposals as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB clinical and technical staff, including but not limited to:
- Procurement officers and supply chain personnel
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Nurses (both inpatient and community based)
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Avanos and NZMS, PHARMAC has decided to list these suppliers’ feeding devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which feeding devices they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase feeding devices from Avanos or NZMS must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreements from 1 November 2020.
The Agreements includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by the suppliers on the appropriate use of their feeding devices, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 30 September 2020 (for Avanos) and 25 September 2020 (for NZMS) were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list Avanos’ and NZMS’ feeding devices.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
Avanos Medical Australia Pty Limited
No resource or technical impacts anticipated in relation to this proposal.
New Zealand Medical & Scientific Pty Limited
Support of this proposal
|No resource or technical impacts anticipated in relation to this proposal.||Noted.|
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.