Decision to list medical devices supplied by Foot Science International Limited and Walrus New Zealand Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Foot Science International Limited (“Foot Science”) and Walrus New Zealand Limited (“Walrus”) in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2023 for the supply of:
- rehabilitation equipment, patient positioning products and supports (“rehabilitation products”).
In summary this will result in:
- Listing rehabilitation products supplied by Foot Science and Walrus in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2023 under national agreements that all Te Whatu Ora hospitals may purchase under (“Agreements”); and
- Te Whatu Ora hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of rehabilitation products as the Agreements are not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Neurologists and Neurosurgeons
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedic surgeons
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Rehabilitation physicians (including spinal units)
- Speech-language therapists
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
These products are set out in the rehabilitation products subcategories:
- Podiatry orthotics and specialised footwear
- Immobilisers, bracing and support devices
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on the individual provisional Agreements reached with Foot Science and Walrus, Pharmac has decided to list the range of rehabilitation products supplied by these companies in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2023.
The Agreements are not for sole supply and Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of rehabilitation products.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals that procure rehabilitation products from Foot Science and Walrus must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreements from 1 October 2023.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to consider the consultation. No feedback was received in response to the consultation.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.