Decision to list medical devices supplied by Quantum Healthcare NZ Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements with Quantum Healthcare NZ Limited (“Quantum Healthcare”) for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals in the following category:
In summary this will result in:
- Listing of medical devices in the above category supplied by Quantum Healthcare in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2023 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu Ora hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical imaging, software and associated products as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the original proposal as a result of the consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora Hospital staff, including but not limited to:
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In November 2020 Pharmac and NZHP released an RFP:
- RFP – Medical imaging equipment, associated consumables, accessories, software and services, and maintenance(external link)(external link)
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Pharmac has been working with suppliers who responded to the RFP to seek provisional agreements. This proposal consists of the latest agreement to arise from this RFP and we expect to consult on further provisional agreements in the future.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to choose which medical imaging, software and associated products they procure, including those from other suppliers.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals that procure medical imaging, software and associated products from Quantum Healthcare must ensure they do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement from 1 April 2023.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to consider this consultation. No feedback was received in relation to this proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.