Decision to list medical devices supplied by Protec Solutions and Merit Medical New Zealand Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Protec Solutions (“Protec”) and Merit Medical New Zealand Limited (“Merit”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- Protec and Merit’s medical devices, in the category above, being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to two consultation letters:
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB clinical staff in a range of different clinical settings including:
- General Wards;
- Inpatient, out patient and community settings;
- Infection Control;
- Central sterile services personnel;
- DHB procurement and supply chain personnel.
- Other clinical care providers such as ambulance and hospice providers
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for:
This RFP is for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Protec and Merit, PHARMAC has decided to list Protec and Merit’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase medical devices in the categories above, from Protec and Merit, must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 December 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Protec and Merit on the appropriate use and maintenance of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
No feedback was received by the closing dates for either of these consultations.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.